Live Roulette is the ultimate online casino experience that combines the thrill of playing Roulette with the convenience of playing from home. With live dealers and real-time gameplay, you can feel right in the middle of the action without ever leaving your living room.
Whether you’re a seasoned player or a newcomer to the game, live Roulette offers endless excitement and the chance to win big. So, give it a spin and read the rest of our guide to learn all about live Roulette. From rules and strategies to the best casinos in Australia, we have everything you need for the best gaming experience.
Top Australian Online Casinos for Live Roulette
How to Play Live Roulette for Real Money
- Sign up with any of our online casinos that offer live roulette games. Choose a reputable casino with a good track record and a wide selection of live roulette tables; this information can be found in our casino reviews.
- Once you’ve created an account and logged in, navigate to the live dealer section of the site. Find the live roulette game that you want to play and select it.
- Before you start playing, you’ll need to deposit some funds into your casino account. Choose a payment method that works for you and follow the prompts to make a deposit.
- Once you’ve funded your account, you’re ready to start playing live Roulette. Choose a table with a minimum bet that fits your budget and join the game.
- Once you’re at the table, you’ll see a live video feed of the dealer and the roulette wheel. Place your bets by clicking on the corresponding areas of the virtual table on your screen.
- After all, bets have been placed; the dealer will spin the wheel and drop the ball. You can watch the action unfold in real time via the video feed!
- When the ball rests in one of the numbered pockets, your screen will announce the winning number and pay out any winning bets. Your winnings will be credited to your casino account, and you can use them to continue playing or withdraw them.
- Repeat the process as long as you like, trying different tables and strategies to see what works best for you.
All Types of Roulette Bets
In Roulette, there are several types of bets that you can make. These bets fall under two main groups: inside and outside bets. Inside bets are placed on specific numbers or combinations of numbers on the inner part of the roulette table, while the outside bets are made on larger groups of numbers on the outer part of the table. There are also call bets, which are special bets that can be made by announcing them to the dealer rather than placing chips on the table. Understanding the different types of bets in Roulette is critical to developing a winning strategy and maximizing your chances of winning. Let’s take a closer look at each type of bet.
|Bet Name||Winning Odds||Payout Ratio||Description|
|Straight Up||2.70% (European/French) / 2.63% (American)||35:1||A bet on a single number. Place your chip directly on the number.|
|Split Bet||5.41% (European/French) / 5.26% (American)||17:1||A bet on two adjacent numbers. Place your chip on the line between the two numbers.|
|Street Bet||8.11% (European/French) / 7.89% (American)||11:1||A bet on three consecutive numbers in a horizontal line. Place your chip on the outer edge of the row.|
|Corner Bet||10.81% (European/French) / 10.53% (American)||8:1||A bet on four numbers that meet at a corner. Place your chip on the intersection of the four numbers.|
|Five Bet||13.51% (European/French) / 13.16% (American)||6:1||A bet on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. Place your chip on the outer corner shared by the 1 and 0.|
|Six Line Bet||16.22% (European/French) / 15.79% (American)||5:1||A bet on two adjacent rows of three numbers. Place your chip on the outer corner where the two rows meet.|
|Bet Name||Winning Odds||Payout Ratio||Description|
|Red/Black||48.65% (European/French) / 47.37% (American)||1:1||A bet on whether the ball lands on a red or black number. Place your chip on the corresponding colour.|
|Even/Odd||48.65% (European/French) / 47.37% (American)||1:1||A bet on whether the ball lands on an even or odd number. Place your chip in the corresponding section.|
|High/Low||48.65% (European/French) / 47.37% (American)||1:1||A bet on whether the ball lands on a high (19-36) or low (1-18) number. Place your chip in the corresponding section.|
|Dozen Bet||32.43% (European/French) / 31.58% (American)||2:1||A bet on whether the ball lands on one of the three dozens (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36). Place your chip in the corresponding section.|
|Column Bet||32.43% (European/French) / 31.58% (American)||2:1||A bet on whether the ball lands on one of the three vertical columns of numbers. Place your chip at the bottom of the corresponding column.|
|Snake Bet||21.62% (European/French) / 21.05% (American)||2:1||A bet on the numbers 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34. Place your chip on the bottom corner of the 34 box.|
|Call Bet||Winning Odds||Payout Ratio||Description|
|Voisins du Zéro||16.2%||17:1||Covers 17 numbers on the wheel, including 0, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 25, 26, 28, 29, 32, and 35|
|Tiers du Cylindre||32.4%||11:1||Covers 12 numbers on the wheel, including 5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 23, 24, 27, 30, 33, and 36|
|Orphelins||21.6%||17:1 or 35:1||Covers 8 numbers on the wheel, including 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31, and 34|
|Jeu Zéro||18%||35:1||It covers 7 numbers, including 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, and 15|
|Finales en Plein||Varies||Varies||Allows you to bet on numbers that end in a specific digit, with varying odds and payouts depending on the digit and number of bets placed|
Note: The winning odds and payout ratio for call bets may vary slightly depending on the specific roulette game and casino. It’s always important to check the rules and payouts for each game before placing bets.
Real Money Roulette Variations
Players can access a wide range of exciting variants when playing Roulette online for real money. While the basic rules and gameplay of Roulette remain consistent across most variations, each variation offers unique features and betting options that make a thrilling and potentially lucrative gaming experience.
Live European Roulette
Live European Roulette is a popular variation of the classic casino game, played with a live dealer in real time. It offers an immersive and interactive gaming experience that closely mimics playing Roulette in a brick-and-mortar casino.
With the same rules and betting options as traditional European Roulette, live European Roulette adds entertainment and authenticity to the game. It’s an excellent option for those looking for a more realistic and interactive way to play Roulette online for real money.
Live American Roulette
Live American Roulette is a type of Roulette played with a double zero pocket and a single zero pocket, unlike European Roulette. The additional pocket slightly reduces the player’s chance of winning. Despite this, many players still enjoy playing American Roulette. With the added excitement of a live dealer and the potential for big payouts, live American Roulette is a popular choice for those looking to play Roulette online for real money.
Live French Roulette
Live French Roulette features real-life dealers and interactive gameplay. It differs from other roulette variants due to its unique features, such as the La Partage and En Prison rules, which can reduce the house edge and increase the chance of winning. Overall, it offers an engaging and authentic online gambling experience for players looking for something different.
Speed Roulette Live
Speed Live Roulette is designed for players who want a faster-paced game. The rounds are shorter, and there is less time between spins, allowing more bets to be placed in a shorter amount of time. It’s an excellent option for players who are short on time or want a more intense gaming experience.
Immersive Live Roulette
Live Immersive Roulette offers a highly immersive and interactive gaming experience. It features multiple camera angles, slow-motion replays, and a chat function, making players feel like they are in a real casino. `The advanced streaming technology used in this game adds to the realism and excitement of the gameplay.
Live Portomaso Oracle Roulette
This live roulette variant is played at a real casino in Malta and streamed to players worldwide. It offers an authentic casino experience with high-quality video streaming and various betting options.
Double-ball Live Roulette
This variation of live Roulette is a unique twist on the classic roulette game, featuring two balls instead of one. It offers more chances to win, with the possibility of hitting two winning numbers on a single spin. It’s a thrilling and engaging option for players looking for something new and different in their live roulette gameplay.
Popular Live Roulette Strategies
While Roulette is a game of chance, there are strategies you can use to help guide your bets and maximize your winnings. Below, we’ve listed some of the most popular roulette strategies, along with a brief description. By incorporating these strategies into your gameplay, you may hit the jackpot in no time!
- Martingale Strategy – A betting system where the player doubles their bet after each loss to recoup their losses and make a profit when they win.
- Reverse Martingale Strategy – Also known as the infamous Paroli system, this strategy includes increasing the bet after each winning round to maximize profits.
- D’Alembert Strategy – A betting system where the player increases or decreases their bet by one unit after each loss or win, respectively.
- Fibonacci Strategy – A sequence of numbers is used to determine the betting amounts, with each bet being the sum of the previous two bets.
- James Bond Strategy – A betting system where the player places bets on specific numbers and sections of the roulette table to cover a wide range of outcomes.
- Labouchere Strategy – A strategy that involves creating a sequence of numbers and betting the sum of the first and last numbers in the sequence.
Top Tips for Winning Online Roulette in 2023
- Know the odds: Before playing live Roulette, it’s essential to understand the odds of each bet. This knowledge can help you make informed decisions and increase your chances of winning.
- Set a budget: It’s crucial to set a budget before playing live Roulette and stick to it. This way, you can avoid losing more money than you can afford and ensure a positive gambling experience.
- Play European Roulette: European Roulette has better odds compared to American Roulette. It only has one zero instead of two, reducing the house edge and giving you a better chance of winning.
- Use a betting strategy: Many players use strategies to maximize their chances of winning. Examples include the Martingale and Fibonacci betting systems. However, keep in mind that no betting strategy can guarantee a win.
- Practice with free games: Before playing live Roulette for real money, try practicing with free games to get a feel for the game and hone your skills. This way, you can learn the rules and develop a strategy without risking any money.
Live Online Casino Roulette on Mobile
You’re in luck if you’re always on the go or prefer to play from your smartphone! Many of our top-rated online casinos now offer mobile versions of their live dealer games. So whether you use an iPhone, Android, or tablet, you can experience the thrill of live Roulette anytime and anywhere.
And for Australians, playing their favourite roulette games on their mobile device has never been easier. With the convenience of mobile play, you can now access real money live Roulette with just a few taps on your screen. In addition, many casinos offer mobile-specific bonuses and promotions to make your gaming experience even more exciting.
Live Roulette vs RNG Roulette
|Feature||Live Roulette||RNG Online Roulette|
|Real-Time Action||Yes, with a live dealer||No, virtual animations|
|Social Interaction||Yes, with other players and dealer||No, just the player and the virtual game|
|Authenticity||Yes, with actual roulette wheels and balls||No, just computer-generated outcomes|
|Game Pace||Slower, as real-time dealer interaction||Faster, with automatic spin outcomes|
|Player Control||Limited, as players must wait for the dealer||More control with the ability to set your own pace|
|Minimum Bets||Usually higher due to live dealers||Usually lower, due to the virtual nature|
Both live Roulette and RNG online roulette have their unique advantages and disadvantages. Live Roulette offers a more authentic and interactive experience, with the ability to interact with a real dealer and other players. However, it also has slower gameplay and often requires higher minimum bets.
On the other hand, RNG online roulette is faster-paced and provides more player control over the game, with the ability to set the pace and often lower minimum bets. However, it lacks live Roulette’s social interaction and authenticity, with virtual animations and computer-generated outcomes.
The Evolution of Roulette Live
Live Roulette has come a long way since its inception. Initially, live Roulette was played in land-based casinos, and the game was relatively simple. Players would place their bets on the roulette table, and a croupier would spin the wheel and drop the ball, and players would wait with bated breath to see where it would land.
Live Roulette has evolved significantly in recent years thanks to technological advancements. Today, players can play live Roulette from the comfort of their own homes, with a live dealer spinning the wheel in real time, creating an immersive and authentic gaming experience. In addition, players can interact with the dealer and other players, adding to the game’s social aspect.
As technology continues to advance, we can expect even more exciting developments in the world of live Roulette. Virtual and augmented reality technology has already been implemented in some online casinos, creating a more realistic and immersive experience for players. We can also expect to see more innovative betting options and new game variations as online casinos continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible with live Roulette.
Common Live Online Roulette FAQs
Live Roulette is a casino game played online with a live dealer in real time. Players place bets on a virtual table while the dealer spins an actual roulette wheel. The game’s result is determined by where the ball lands on the wheel.
Live dealer roulette offers a more realistic casino experience compared to playing RNG (random number generator) roulette. It allows players to interact with the dealer and other players, creating a more social atmosphere. It also provides transparency, as players can watch the wheel spin in real time.
When choosing a live roulette table, consider the table limits, the dealer’s personality, the number of players, and the type of Roulette being played. Also, check the streaming quality and available features, such as saving favourite bets or adjusting camera angles.
To play live Roulette, you need a device such as a desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device with a stable internet connection. You also need an account with an online casino that offers live dealer games and a sufficient balance to place bets.
Yes, it is safe to play live Roulette online as long as you choose a reputable online casino, such as those on the table at the top, that uses advanced security measures to protect your personal and financial information.
Yes but you won’t win any real money either. Live Roulette is played with real money, and no free-play options are available for live casino games except for their free demo version, for players to get an understanding of the game.
Betting limits for live Roulette can vary depending on the online casino and the specific live roulette game you are playing. Therefore, checking the minimum and maximum bet amounts before playing is essential.
If you lose your internet connection during a live roulette game, the game will pause until your connection is restored. If you cannot reconnect, any bets you have placed will be resolved based on the game’s outcome until you lose your connection.
Yes, live roulette games at our top online casinos are fair and use a certified video recorder to display the real-time outcome of each spin. Additionally, live roulette games are monitored by third-party auditors to ensure fairness and transparency.