European Blackjack is a popular variation of the classic game that can be played both online and in land-based casinos. To get started, you need to find a reputable online casino, select the game, and place your bets.
In the game, you make strategic decisions based on the cards you’re dealt and the dealer’s visible card. The objective is to have a hand closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand, without going over 21. If you win, your winnings are automatically credited to your account, making it easy to start a new round.
Best European Blackjack Real Money Online Casinos
How to Play European Blackjack Online
- Find a reputable online casino that offers European Blackjack and create an account if you haven’t already done so.
- Select European Blackjack from the list of available games.
- Place your bet by clicking on the chip denomination you wish to use and then clicking on the betting area on the table.
- Once you have placed your bet, click on the “deal” button to receive your first two cards.
- The dealer will also receive two cards, one face-up and one face-down.
- Review your cards and decide whether to hit (ask for another card), stand (keep your current hand), double down (double your bet and receive one more card), or split (if your first two cards have the same value, split them into two separate hands).
- Once you have made your decision, click on the corresponding button on the screen.
- After all players have finished their turns, The dealer will expose their facedown card and continue to draw cards until they reach a total of 17 or higher.
- If your hand is closer to 21 than the dealer’s hand, or the dealer busts (goes over 21), you win. If the dealer’s hand is closer to 21 than yours, or you bust, you lose.
- Winnings are automatically credited to your account, and you can start a new round by placing another bet and clicking on “deal.”
European Blackjack Rules
European Blackjack is a classic blackjack variant with some unique rules. Here are the basic rules for European Blackjack:
- The game is played with two decks of cards
- The player can double down on any two cards, including after a split
- The player can only split once per hand, and only if they have a pair
- Aces can be split but can only receive one additional card per hand
- If the dealer’s face-up card is an ace, the player can purchase insurance against a dealer blackjack
- The dealer must stand on all 17s, including a soft 17 (a hand that contains an ace that can be counted as 11 or 1)
American vs European Blackjack
|American Blackjack||European Blackjack|
|Number of decks||6-8||2|
|Dealer’s cards||1 face-up, 1 face-down||1 face-up, 1 face-down|
|Surrender option||Late surrender (after dealer checks for blackjack)||No surrender option|
|Double down restrictions||Can double down on any two cards||Can only double down on hard 9, 10, or 11|
|Splitting restrictions||Can split up to 3 times for a total of 4 hands||Can only split once for a total of 2 hands|
|Insurance option||Available when the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace||Available when the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace|
|Dealer’s actions||Must hit on a soft 17||Must stand on a soft 17|
|Payout for blackjack||3:2||3:2|
European Blackjack Basic Strategy
The basic strategy for European Blackjack is a set of rules that helps players make the optimal decisions based on their hand and the dealer’s visible card. Here are some general tips to follow:
- Always stand on hard totals of 17 or higher.
- Always hit on hard totals of 8 or lower.
- Double down on hard totals of 10 or 11, unless the dealer’s visible card is an ace or 10.
- Double down on soft totals of 13-18, if the dealer’s visible card is 5 or 6.
- If the dealer’s visible card is a 2-6, always stand on soft totals of 19 or higher.
- Always hit on soft totals of 17 or lower.
- If you have a pair of 2s, 3s, 6s, 7s, or 9s, split them if the dealer’s visible card is 2-7.
- If you have a pair of 4s, always split them, unless the dealer’s visible card is 5 or 6.
- If you have a pair of 8s, always split them.
- Never split a pair of 5s or 10s.
- Always stand on a pair of 9s, except when the dealer’s visible card is 7, 10, or ace.
European Blackjack Free
You can play free blackjack online without the need to deposit any real money. Online blackjack casinos allow players to practice the game and develop their skills before playing for real money. However, it’s important to note that not all online casinos offer free versions of the game. Some may require players to create an account before being able to access the game.
European Blackjack FAQs
European Blackjack is a unique variation of blackjack that has distinct rules such as the dealer receiving only one card initially, the game being a “No Hole Card” game, limiting players to split pairs only once, and players being able to double down only on hard totals of 9, 10, and 11, and not after a split.
Whether European Blackjack is better than American Blackjack is subjective and depends on personal preferences. European Blackjack has some advantages over American Blackjack, such as a lower house edge and more favorable rules for the player. However, American Blackjack has its own unique features, such as the option to surrender and the use of multiple decks, which some players may prefer. Ultimately, the best choice between the two will depend on the individual player’s style and preferences.
European Blackjack generally offers slightly better odds for players compared to American Blackjack, mainly due to the dealer receiving only one card initially and restrictions on when players can double down. However, the difference in odds is relatively small and can vary based on the specific rules and player strategy.
European Blackjack has several unique rules and features that differentiate it from other variants of the game. These include the “no hole card” rule, the use of a single deck of cards in some land-based casinos, limited splitting pairs, and limited doubling down. These rules can make the game more suspenseful and less risky for players. European Blackjack can be enjoyed both online and in land-based casinos.
Yes, we have listed the best European Blackjack online casinos for real money in Australia on the above table.
This are the best European Blackjack casinos in Australia:
• Golden Crown
• Wolf Winner
• Stellar Spins