Four Card Poker is a thrilling variation of the classic table game, gaining popularity in casinos worldwide. The game is played with a standard 52-card deck and offers players the chance to win big by making the best four-card hand possible. With simple rules, fast-paced action, and the potential for large payouts, Four Card Poker is a favorite among casual players and seasoned gamblers. In this game, players take on the dealer rather than each other, adding excitement to every hand.
Top Poker Online Casinos in 2023
What is 4 Card Poker?
Four Card Poker is a popular casino game based on traditional poker rules but with some key differences. In Four Card Poker, players are dealt five cards instead of the usual two cards in standard poker, and they must make the best four-card hand to win.
The game is relatively easy to learn, allowing players to win big payouts with a small initial wager. As a result, it is a popular choice among poker fans and casual casino players.
How to Play 4 Card Poker for Real Money
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to play 4 Card Poker:
- First, place your ante bet: To begin the game, you must place an ante bet. The dealer will then deal five cards to each player, including themselves. All cards are dealt face down except one of the dealer’s cards.
- Evaluate your hand: Once you’ve received your cards, evaluate your hand to decide whether to continue playing or to fold. You should consider the strength of your hand, which includes the four cards you have and the one dealer’s card that is face up.
- Decide to play or fold: If you think your hand is strong enough, you can choose to play by placing a bet equal to your ante bet. If you don’t think your hand is strong enough, you can choose to fold and forfeit your ante bet.
- The dealer reveals cards: After all, players have made their decisions, they will show their remaining four cards to determine who has the better hand.
- Payouts: If the dealer’s hand doesn’t qualify with at least a pair of fours, all players still in the game will receive even money on their ante bets while their play bets are pushed. If the dealer’s hand qualifies, the player’s hand will be compared to the dealers, and the better hand will win. If the dealer wins, the game player then loses both the ante and play game bets. If the player wins, they will be paid even money on the ante bet, and the payout for the play bet will depend on the strength of their hand.
- Bonus payouts: Some casinos offer bonus payouts for solid hands. For example, a player may receive a bonus payout for a three-of-a-kind or better, regardless of whether they win the hand.
- Repeat: The game continues with the same process for each hand, with players placing their ante bets and deciding whether to play or fold.
What Are Four Card Poker Payouts?
The payouts for Four Card Poker vary depending on your specific hand and the casino you’re playing at. Generally, the payout table ranges from 1:1 for a pair of aces to 200:1 for a royal flush. Therefore, it’s always important to check the payout table before playing to understand the specific payouts for each hand.
Here are the typical payouts for Four Card Poker:
- Ante Bonus: Pays out according to the Ante Bonus paytable if the player’s hand is Straight or better. The payout for a Straight or better can range from 1:1 to 200:1, depending on the hand’s strength.
- Aces Up: Pays out according to the Aces Up paytable for a hand containing a pair of Aces or better. The payout for a pair of Aces or better can range from 1:1 to 50:1, depending on the hand’s strength.
- 4 Card Bonus: Pays out according to the 4 Card Bonus paytable based on the best four-card hand the player can make from their five cards. The payout can range from 1:1 for a pair of 2s to 200:1 for a royal flush.
Four Card Poker Conclusion
Four Card Poker is a fast-paced and exciting game that offers players a chance to use their skills and strategies to win big. With the easy-to-understand rules and payouts, it is an excellent option for both novice and experienced players. So, if you’re looking for a unique and entertaining poker game, give Four Card Poker a try and experience the thrill of the casino floor right from your own home.
More Poker Variants