French roulette is similar to other variations of roulette, but with a few key differences. For example, the wheel in French roulette has only one zero slot, which is marked with the green color. This is different from American roulette, which has both a single zero and a double zero slot. The fewer number of slots on the wheel means that the odds of winning in French roulette are slightly better than in American roulette.
Overall, French roulette is a popular variation of the real money online roulette due to its favorable odds and unique rules.
Best French Roulette Online Casinos
Find the Best French Roulette Casino Sites
When searching for online casinos, it’s important to look for ones that are licensed and regulated by a recognized authority. You should also check for SSL encryption on the website to ensure that your personal and financial information is secure.
Additionally, before playing any game at an online casino, it’s important to read the terms and conditions carefully, including the rules of the game, the payment and withdrawal options, and any bonuses or promotions offered. Always play responsibly and within your means.
French Roulette Bets
French roulette is a popular variant of the traditional game of roulette that features a unique table layout and betting options. Here are the different bets that you can make when playing French roulette:
- Inside Bets:
- Straight Up Bet: A bet on a single number. Pays 35:1.
- Split Bet: A bet on two adjacent numbers. Pays 17:1.
- Street Bet: A bet on a row of three numbers. Pays 11:1.
- Corner Bet: A bet on four numbers that form a square. Pays 8:1.
- Line Bet: A bet on six numbers in two adjacent rows. Pays 5:1.
- Outside Bets:
- Red/Black Bet: A bet on either a red or black number. Pays 1:1.
- Even/Odd Bet: A bet on either an even or odd number. Pays 1:1.
- High/Low Bet: A bet on either a high (19-36) or low (1-18) number. Pays 1:1.
- Dozen Bet: A bet on a group of 12 numbers (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36). Pays 2:1.
- Column Bet: A bet on a column of 12 numbers. Pays 2:1.
French Roulette Special Rules
In addition to these standard bets, French roulette also offers two additional rules that can affect your payouts:
- La Partage: If you make an even money bet and the ball lands on 0, you lose only half of your bet.
- En Prison: If you make an even money bet and the ball lands on 0, your bet is “imprisoned” for the next spin. If you win on the next spin, you get your original bet back. If you lose on the next spin, you lose your bet.
The difference between French and American Roulette
The main differences between French and American roulette are the wheels, house edge and betting.
French Roulette Wheel vs American Roulette Wheel
French roulette has 37 pockets, numbered 0 to 36, while American roulette has 38 pockets, numbered 0 to 36 plus a double zero (00).
French Roulette House Edge
French Roulette has a lower house edge compared to American Roulette. The addition of the double zero pocket in American roulette increases the house edge, making it slightly less favorable to players compared to French roulette. In French roulette, if the ball lands on the single zero pocket, even money bets (such as red/black or odd/even) lose only half their value, giving players a better chance of winning.
Another difference between the two versions of the game is in the layout of the betting table. The betting options are labeled in French in the French version, while American roulette uses English terminology.
Overall, the gameplay and rules of the two versions are similar, with players betting on where they think the ball will land on the spinning wheel. However, the presence of the extra double zero pocket in American roulette makes it slightly less favorable to players compared to French roulette.
French Roulette FAQs
French roulette is a variant of online roulette that features bets in French and two special rules – La Partage and En Prison that significantly lower the game’s house edge.
French roulette is different from American Roulette because the latter has an additional double zero pocket.
French Roulette is not the same as European Roulette the difference is that the French Roulette table has bets in French and two special rules La Partage & En Prison that allow players to recover half their stake in the event of a loss.
French Roulette is the best roulette game for players who are cautious because there are special rules that allow players to recover half their bets if they lose and these rules also lower the house edge.
The smartest bets in roulette are even money bets, which have a 50% chance of winning however they also have the lowest payout.
The riskiest bet in French roulette or any roulette game is a specific single number bet.