Welcome to our guide on playing Atlantic City Blackjack, a popular variation of the classic game. Here we’ll go through everything you need to know, including the rules, strategy, payouts, and pros and cons.
Plus, we’ll recommend where you can play and provide tips for finding online blackjack bonuses and promotions. So get ready to learn about this Aussie-friendly version – let’s start!
Best Atlantic City Blackjack Casinos
What is Atlantic City Blackjack?
One of the most significant advantages of Atlantic City Blackjack is its combination of rules favouring the players, resulting in a low house edge. But your aim is still to get close to 21 before the online blackjack dealer.
However, players should still pay close attention to the payout for Blackjack as some casinos may offer a different payout than the standard 3:2, which can significantly impact their chances of making a profit in the long term.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, this guide will provide all the information you need to play Atlantic City Blackjack successfully. So, let’s dive in and explore this exciting variation of the classic card game.
Basic Rules of Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack is played with eight standard decks of 52 cards. The game aims to beat the dealer’s hand by having a hand total closer to 21 without exceeding it.
Players must place their bets within the table’s minimum and maximum limits. Once all bets are placed, the dealer will deal two cards to each player, face up, two cards to themselves, and one face up and one face down.
Players must then decide on their move based on their hand total and the dealer’s face-up card. The following moves are available:
- Hit: Players can take additional cards from the dealer until they decide to stand or their hand total exceeds 21 (bust).
- Stand: Players can keep their current hand total and end their turn.
- Double Down: Players can double their initial bet and receive only one additional card from the dealer.
- Split: If a player’s first two cards are of the same value, there’s an option to split their hand into two separate hands. This move requires an additional bet equal to the original bet to receive two more cards.
- Surrender: Players can surrender their hand and receive half of their bet. This move is only available in some casinos and specific situations.
Once all players have made their moves, the dealer will reveal their face-down card and draw additional cards until their hand total is 17 or more. The player with a hand total closest to 21 without going over wins the round.
In the event of a tie (push), the player’s bet is returned. However, if the player and dealer have a natural blackjack (an ace and a ten-value card), the player wins and is paid 3:2 on their bet.
How to Play Atlantic City Blackjack Step-By-Step
- Familiarise yourself with the typical rules of Blackjack.
- Find a table at an online casino offering Atlantic City Blackjack.
- Place your bet to begin the game.
- You will be dealt your first card and allowed to take another, stand, or split.
- If you split, separate your two cards and play two hands in the same round.
- Take as many cards as you deem necessary before closing your hand.
- The dealer will go through the same process as the player.
- Be aware of the critical differences between Atlantic City Blackjack and other versions of Blackjack, including the ability for the dealer to check for Blackjack with an Ace and the ability for players to split aces only once.
- Use the free versions of Blackjack to increase your chances of winning.
- Play Atlantic City Blackjack on your mobile device by accessing mobile versions of online casinos.
- Explore different versions of Atlantic City Blackjack offered by various providers, such as those with higher RTP or different deck sizes.
Tips for Atlantic City Blackjack Beginners
- Familiarise yourself with the basic strategy chart, which provides the optimal move for every possible hand combination.
- Start with low bets until you feel comfortable with the game.
- Always pay attention to the dealer’s face-up card and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the dealer or other players for help or clarification.
You now know how to play Atlantic City Blackjack; it’s time to move on to the strategy section and learn how to increase your chances of winning.
Atlantic City Blackjack Strategy
A basic strategy is essential to maximize your chances of winning at Atlantic City Blackjack. A basic strategy is a set of rules that tells you the optimal move based on your hand total and the dealer’s face-up card.
Here are some essential strategy tips to keep in mind:
- Always hit if your hand total is eight or less.
- Always stand if your hand total is 17 or higher.
- If the dealer’s face-up card is seven or higher, hit until your hand total is 17 or higher.
- If the dealer’s face-up card is six or lower, stand on a hand total of 12 or higher.
- If your hand total is 10 or 11, consider doubling down if the dealer’s face-up card is lower than your hand total.
- If your first two cards are a pair of twos, threes, sixes, sevens, or nines, split if the dealer’s face-up card is seven or lower. If your first two cards are a pair of fours, fives, or tens, never split.
- Never take insurance, as it is not a profitable move in the long run.
- If you are unsure what move to make, consult the basic strategy chart.
Remember that following a basic strategy does not guarantee you will win every hand, but it minimizes the house edge and gives you the best chance of winning in the long run.
In addition to basic strategy, here are some other tips to keep in mind:
- Always play at a table with favourable rules, such as a 3:2 payout for Blackjack and the ability to double down after splitting.
- Avoid playing at tables that use a continuous shuffler, as this makes it more difficult to count cards.
- Don’t chase your losses or try to compensate for them by increasing your bets. Instead, stick to your budget and only bet what you can afford to lose.
- Take breaks and pace yourself. Don’t play for too long or too frequently.
These tips and basic strategies can improve your chances of winning at Atlantic City Blackjack and have a more enjoyable gambling experience.
Rules and Basic Gameplay of Blackjack Games
The basic gameplay of Atlantic City Blackjack is similar to that of Classic Blackjack, which involves the player trying to beat the dealer by having a hand value higher than the dealer without exceeding 21. However, in Atlantic City Blackjack, the game is played with eight decks of cards, and the dealer must stand on a soft 17.
Differences between Atlantic City Blackjack and Classic Blackjack
The key difference between Atlantic City Blackjack and Classic Blackjack is that the former allows players to surrender their hand and receive half of their bet back if they feel that their hand is not strong enough to beat the dealer. Additionally, players can double down on any two cards and split up to three times for four hands.
Splitting and Doubling Down
In Atlantic City Blackjack, players can split pairs if their initial two cards are the same value. This means the pair is separated into two individual hands, and the player places a second bet equal to their initial bet. The player then proceeds to play each hand individually.
Doubling down is another option available to players in Atlantic City Blackjack, where they can double their initial bet after seeing their initial two cards and receive one additional card. This option is usually recommended when the player has a hand value of 9, 10, or 11.
Surrender and Insurance
As mentioned earlier, surrender is a unique option available to players in Atlantic City Blackjack, where they can forfeit their hand and receive half of their initial bet back. However, this option is only available before the player takes any other action and is not available if the dealer’s hand is an ace.
Insurance is another option available to players in Atlantic City Blackjack. They can bet half their initial wager to protect themselves if the dealer has a blackjack while showing an ace. If the dealer has a blackjack, the player receives a payout of 2:1 on their insurance bet.
Atlantic City Blackjack Dealer Rules
In Atlantic City Blackjack, the dealer must follow rules that dictate when to stand or hit. Specifically, the dealer stands on all hands of 17 (including soft 17) or higher and hits on all hands of 16 or lower.
This rule differs slightly from classic Blackjack, where some dealers may hit on soft 17. It’s essential to remember that specific variations of Atlantic City Blackjack may have slightly different rules regarding when the dealer stands or hits. Hence, it’s always a good idea to check the rules of your specific game.
Odds to Win Atlantic City Blackjack
To become a successful player in Atlantic City Blackjack, understanding the odds and payouts associated with different hand combinations is crucial. In this section, we’ll break down the odds and potential payouts for each type of hand you may encounter while playing the game.
|Hand Combination||Payout||Odds||Potential Payout|
|Natural Blackjack (Player)||3:2||4.83%||1.5x initial bet|
|Natural Blackjack (Dealer)||1:1||0.46%||Equal to the initial bet|
|Winning Hand (Non-Blackjack)||1:1||42.43%||Equal to the initial bet|
|Push (Tie)||1:1||8.48%||No payout|
|Insurance Win||2:1||2.61%||2x insurance bet|
|Insurance Loss||0:1||7.50%||No payout|
|Surrender||1:2||0.06%||Half of the initial bet|
Playing at Atlantic City Blackjack Online Casinos
Playing Atlantic City Blackjack online can be a fun and exciting way to enjoy this classic casino game. However, following these tips, you can have a safe and enjoyable gaming experience.
If you’re a blackjack fan, you might wonder how to play Atlantic City Blackjack online. Here are some tips to help you get started:
Finding a Trusted Online Casino
Before you start playing Atlantic City Blackjack online, finding a reputable online casino is essential. Firstly, look for online casinos licensed and regulated by trusted gaming authorities.
If you plan on playing Atlantic City Blackjack on your mobile device, make sure the online casino you choose is optimized for mobile gameplay. For example, check if the casino has a mobile app or if their website is mobile-responsive. Playing on a mobile device can provide a convenient and immersive gaming experience.
Playing for Free
If you’re new to Atlantic City Blackjack or want to practice your skills, consider playing for free. Many online casinos offer free game versions, allowing you to get a feel for the gameplay without risking any real money.
Real Money Gameplay
If you’re ready to play Atlantic City Blackjack for real money, set a budget for yourself and gamble responsibly. Check the online casino’s low-limit and high-limit blackjack tables and choose a table that fits your budget. Remember to take breaks and don’t chase losses.
Atlantic City Blackjack: Final Tips
Now that we’ve covered everything you need about Atlantic City Blackjack, you’re ready to try your luck at the tables. Remember to start by finding a reputable online casino, and consider playing for free to get a feel for the game before you start playing with real money.
When playing for real money, set a budget and gamble responsibly. Don’t chase losses or bet more than you can afford to lose. And, of course, remember to have fun and enjoy the game!
Overall, Atlantic City Blackjack is a popular variation of the classic game that offers exciting gameplay and the chance to win big. By following the tips and strategies we’ve covered, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a successful blackjack player. Good luck at the tables!